Free CE Invitation from Institute for NP Excellence Dec 2014
Please be our guest... take advantage of our complimentary CE offerings. Both programs include pharmacology content. They were developed by panels of expert NPs and designed to help you improve your practice and outcomes. Feel free to share the invitation with colleagues!
The course is designed to provide an update on the pathophysiology and management of obesity. Faculty-Dr. Frances Sahebzamani.
This course is offered in partnership with the American Nurse Practitioner Foundation (ANPF) through an independent educational grant from Takeda.
- Describe physiological, neurobiological, and environmental factors that influence weight control
- Assess patients' obesity status and risk stratification using available tools, such as history, registries, chart reviews, electronic health records, and evidence-based guidelines
- Identify practical tools to support obesity management efforts within the practice and community settings
- Individualize pharmacologic and nonpharmacologic treatment of obesity by implementing NHLBI, AACE, and other available evidence-based guidelines
The course is accredited for 1.3 contact hours, with 0.8 pharmacology CH. Click HERE to access the detailed course description and/or register.
This course is sponsored by INPE through an independent educational grant from Merck.
- Describe adolescent vaccine-preventable conditions
- Discuss guidelines and recommendations about adolescent immunizations
- Assess patients' immunization status
- Identify barriers to compliance with immunization recommendations
- Tailor immunization strategies and delivery based on patients' age, prior immunization status, risk status, and other clinical factors
- Educate adolescents and caregivers about the risks of vaccine-preventable conditions
- Implement practical tools and strategies to improve practice- and community-based immunization rates
This course is accredited for 1.0 contact hours, with 1.0 pharmacology CH. Click HERE to access the detailed course description and/or register.
INPE is an AANP-Approved Provider of NP CE. If the programs described above are not relevant to your practice or educational interests, please visit our online course catalog HERE. Courses from our October 2014 Pharmacology Conference are being added regularly.
Mary Jo Goolsby, EdD, MSN, NP-C, FAANP, FAAN
Institute for NP Excellence