NPAA September News & Announcements
As the only statewide association for Nurse Practitioners, we want to keep you informed of what's going on in your industry. This email features upcoming events, news, and announcements of interest to Nurse Practitioners in Alabama, as well as links to full listings and event registration.
Also, if you haven't already done so, please "like" our FaceBook page so you can stay up to date on all things NP-related.
Governor Bentley has called a second special session of the legislature to (hopefully) pass a general fund budget. Click here to read our summary of the first special session.
NPAA's 9th Annual Conference - Celebrating 50 years of Nursing Excellence
Renaissance Birmingham Ross Bridge Golf Resort & Spa
4000 Grand Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35226
Thursday, November 12, 2015 at 7:30am CT -
Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 5:00pm CT
24 credits available
- Multiple Sclerosis & Medical Litigation
- Orthopedic Pearls & Asthma
- Apps for Your Practice & Social Media
- ADHD-Adults/Peds Setting Up A Practice
- Joining Forces & Bariatric Surgery & OSA
- Licensure/NP Practice Authority
- Compounding: Alternatives
- DNP: Why Me?
- State of The State & Rural Health
- Hyperlipidemia & Adult Immunizations
- Psych & Autoimmune Disorders
- Policy/Procedure & Extended Release/Long Acting Opioid
- Risk Evaluation & Mitigating Strategies Course
Additional CE Courses:
- Saturday Post-Conference: CNE Course: "Best Practices in Teaching" (6 hrs)
- DOT Course: "Medical Examiner Certification Review" (6 hrs)
2015 NPAA Awards
The NPAA Awards provide an opportunity to give recognition to individual health care providers, educators or advocates; the in-the-trenches team members and the leaders who inspire, motivate and empower others around them to make a difference in the lives of those for whom they provide care.
The awards are presented each year at our conference, and the full announcement and nomination form can be found at the following link: 2015 NPAA Awards.
We are accepting abstracts for poster presentations at the NPAA symposium, November 12-14, 2015. Please use this link to submit your poster abstract information. Abstracts are due by October 1, 2015 by midnight to the NPAA 2015.