Participates in eligibility home visits and reports findings to appropriate medical director/IDG Team. Provides clinical support and education to the branches and acts as consultant for patient related issues. Acts as an assistant to the hospice medical directors and provides direct patient care in both a medical and nursing capacity. Responsible for maintaining evidence based practice based on current literature. Responsible for giving and signing orders as allowed by the State of Alabama for Nurse Practitioners. This job requires a person who is comfortable leading the care team, both through direction and by example.
Other requirements include:
- Active Alabama Nursing License and Advanced Practice Nursing License, Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing with Master's degree or higher, national board certification through the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners or American Nurse Credentialing Center.
- Two years or more of experience working with patients with chronic or terminal illness. At least one (1) year clinical practice as Nurse Practitioner.
- Current Alabama registered nurse license
- Current certification and license as nurse practitioner
- Advanced knowledge of pathophysiology related to common chronic and terminal illness.
- Knowledge of common medical and surgical treatments for patients requiring end of life care.
- Knowledge of Medicare, Medicaid, and other hospice coverage and reimbursement guidelines
- Exceptional patient assessment and diagnostic ability.
- Knowledge of the regulations regarding practice of Nurse Practitioners.
- Ability to cope with the emotional stress of patients and their families
- Willingness to work in home environments of patients who may have values or standards different from your own
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Respecting the patient's privacy and maintaining confidentiality
- Current Alabama driver's license and automobile liability insurance
- CPR Certification
- Experience with assessing patients for recertification under Medicare Face to Face requirement highly desired.The preferred candidate will live in or near Cullman, Decatur, Huntsville, Montgomery or Dothan
Posted Hours 80.00